Control Battlefield Bleeding
Axiostat Battlefield Trauma Gauze assures the highest survival rates and the convenient Z format of the dressing ensures low blood loss by conforming to the injury site.
Axiostat Battlefield Trauma Gauze is a highly effective Z-Fold dressing that is proven to stop uncontrolled hemorrhage on the battlefield. Axiostat works independently of the body’s clotting mechanism by mucoadhesion and by absorbing the blood fluidsAxiostat Gauze has high structural integrity and features rugged low cube packaging for easy use and fit in first-aid kits.
Made up of organic, non-woven material.
Can be used for wound packing & topical bleeding wound.
Ultra-Compact Lowcube & Lightweight vacuum sealed pack.
- Powered by PBT – works on unique mucoadhesion between blood & tissues.
- Control of moderate to severe bleeding injuries within minutes of application.
- Works independently of the body’s clotting mechanism.
- Absorbs blood up to 30x of its weight.
- Stops Heparanized bleeding.
- Stops hypothermic bleeding.
- No risk of rebleeding
- Organic material – 100% Chitosan from ‘A’ grade crustaceans
- Nonwoven Dressing – not impregnated or coated with chitosan
- Excellent Structural integrity – doesn’t disintegrate on absorption
- Non-Absorbable: Safe to leave until the next stage of care
- No Exothermic Reaction – Generates no heat
- Easy to tear, cut, pack into wounds.
- No reported allergies to date
- Latex Free
- Ultra-Compact Lowcube & Lightweight vacuum sealed pack.
- Quick Access: Four tear notches for faster usage
- Compact and Rugged packaging
- Easy to fit in both individual first aid kits and medic kits.
- Small-caliber gunshot wounds and small shrapnel wounds.
- Bleeding due to Arterial or venous breeches.
- Stab injuries & Gunshot wounds
- Narrow Injuries & deep penetrating wounds
- Wound packing & All topical bleeding wounds
How to use
- Tear open package of Axiostat Battlefield Trauma Gauze from the tear points located around the top or bottom of the packaging.
- Remove excess blood, locate the source of bleeding, pack the Axiostat Gauze as needed to stop the blood flow, and pack the gauze tightly onto the bleeding source by applying constant pressure.
- Discard any excess gauze and apply continuous pressure for 3 minutes until the bleeding stops. Do not take the gauze away to check if the bleeding has stopped.
- Use a secondary dressing around the injury site to secure the gauze in a single place and to prevent further contamination of the wound
- To remove- unwrap the secondary dressing, irrigate the gauze with plenty of saline and gently remove the gauze from the wound.